This dish is an easy way to use up cooked chicken or you can grab a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store. Serve over rice, egg noodles or, like my mom used to do, dress it up with these: Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Shells.
- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 1 1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 4 TBSP butter
- 4 TBSP AP flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/8 TSP grated nutmeg
- a couple of dashes of hot sauce (optional)
- in a saucepan or straight-sided skillet, melt the butter over medium heat
- add the nutmeg and the AP flour, stir gently to combine and cook until smooth and bubbly
- whisk in the chicken broth, making sure to get rid of all lumps
- remove the pan from the heat and whisk in the milk, return to heat and bring to a boil
- cook sauce for 1 min, stirring constantly
- add the chicken and the vegetables, cook over medium heat until hot
- season to taste with the salt and pepper
This recipe is released under a CC BY-NC-ND license. Basically, this means you can use it and share it, but you have to give me credit and you can’t make any money from it. 🙂 Find out more about your rights under the Creative Commons at www.creativecommons.org/licenses
## Special Comment – 7 Dec 2014
Hi. This is Matt, the sah Geek Dad from Northern California. You’ve found the G33k Dad Show! and this is a special announcement.
Hello podcast listeners, Matt here with a special announcement. Due to the holidays and some personal reasons; I am putting the ‘cast on hold until January.
I want to thank everyone who has downloaded, listened to, and enjoyed the first three episodes. I have so much content I want to bring to you; I hope you will stay subscribed to the RSS feed and be ready for more shows on the intersection of technology and parenting after the first of the year.
Have a Merry and Blessed Holiday Season.